Women’s Employment into Action (WEIA) provides free accredited and non-accredited training, work experience and mentoring to migrant and refugee women.
WEIA is a flexible program offering:
- Flexible Training, Mentoring and Work Experience during school hours
- Practical training for women from diverse backgrounds to prepare for work in Australia
- Certificate III in Individual Support and/or employment skills for working in aged, disability care and other areas of work
- Support and links to employers
- Free child care for preschool children during the program
Individuals are eligible if they:
- Receive income support or are long term unemployed
- Are family, skills, humanitarian, spousal, or approved temporary visa with work rights
- Are unemployed for a period of at least six months
- Have exited the Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP)
- Meet English language requirements for entry to vocational training
Individuals are not eligible if they:
- Do not receive income support payments and have some form of employment
- Are newly arrived (first 12 months) and receive HSP support
- Do not have work rights in Australia
For further information regarding visa eligibility, click here.
Complete your Expression of Interest (EOI) form by clicking here.
For further information, please contact MRC Works on E: firstname.lastname@example.org