Registrations closing soon – book your ticket now!
Hurry! Registrations for the South Australian Multicultural and Ethnic Affairs Commission Community Forum close at 5pm on Thursday 28 November 2019. Register online now to secure your ticket.
The South Australian Multicultural and Ethnic Affairs Commission, in conjunction with the office of Multicultural Affairs, Department of the Premier and Cabinet, is hosting a Community Forum on Building social cohesion by understanding language and extremism on Thursday 5 December 2019, from 9.45am (for a 10am start) to 12 noon, at the Science Exchange, 55 Exchange Place, Adelaide.
This Community Forum will aim to inform government, media, service providers and community leaders about effective languages and narratives that can be used to counter racism and extremism; and to help advance intercultural understanding and build bridges within a diverse society in South Australia.
The Community Forum will feature the following guest speakers:
- Professor Mohamad Abdalla, Director of the Centre for Islamic Thought and Education, University of South Australia
- Mr Peter Wertheim AM, co-Chief Executive Officer of the Executive Council of Australian Jewry
- Ms Robyn Green, Director of Security and Emergency Management, Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Ms Georgie Cornish, Director of State Recovery, Department of Human Services
- Mr Merv Yazarloo, Detective Sergeant, Counter Terrorism & Security Section, South Australia Police
The forum will present an opportunity for guest speakers to share their valuable insights, knowledge and lessons learned, and encourage more objective, balanced, inclusive and accurate language when reporting on culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
We encourage you to come to the forum, hear what the guest speakers have to say, and provide your feedback on this important topic.
This Community Forum is free of charge. A light morning tea will be provided.
Register now for the community forum. Please note the forum is strictly invitation only and tickets are not transferable.
For more information:
South Australian Multicultural and Ethnic Affairs Commission
Phone: (08) 8429 5954